Tuesday, August 29, 2017

08/28/11 ON MEDITATION

08/28/11 ON MEDITATION

One reason the western/modern Church has lost its influence/impact (saltiness) is because so few believers practice Biblical meditation. They are driven by “sound-bite” Christianity and the desire for instant success. They want a high yield return without investing time and effort in spiritual development. Meditation is not only a Biblical idea, it is essential to spiritual growth. Meditate on these verses.

VERSES ON MEDITATION...
JOSHUA 1:8

(8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

PSALMS 1:1-3
(1) Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
(2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
(3) And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

PSALMS 19:14
(14) Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

PSALMS 63:6
(6) When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

PSALMS 77:12
(12) I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.

PSALMS 119:15
(15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

PSALMS 119:48
(48) My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.

PSALMS 119:97
(97) ...O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

PSALMS 119:99
(99) I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

PSALMS 119:148
(148) Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

PSALMS 143:5
(5) I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

1 TIMOTHY 4:15
(15) Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment