Saturday, August 26, 2017

09/05/11 MOVIE AND DOCTRINE COMMENT

09/05/11 MOVIE AND DOCTRINE COMMENT

I enjoyed the movie, The Perfect Stranger. Not usually a fan of theatrical presentations of Jesus. It was thoughtful and tasteful. I do not agree with PENAL THEORY of Atonement (the movie's position). Jesus suffered and took my sins away and He paid the price of a sacrificial death that saves me from the penalty of sin, but there is no verse that says He PAID my penalty. Atonement, Yes; Penal Atonement, No.

Still, the movie was well done and answers several questions, which are often asked by non-believers. It could be a good tool for a discussion starter or a "video tract" for a friend.

As far as the Penal Theory is concerned, it is popular because most people do not realize its dangers. When most believers are confronted with its errors they see them. The Penal Theory is consistent with 5 point Calvinism.

No comments:

Post a Comment