Sunday, August 27, 2017

10/11/11 SS CLASS... THE USEFUL SERVANT.

10/11/11 SS CLASS... THE USEFUL SERVANT.

I highlighted NT verses that address some of the characteristics of a Useful Servant. I presented a 4x6 hand-out (front and back) with the verses and commented on each passage. I will give a copy of the written info in the comment boxes below. The hand-out can be kept in our Bibles for quick reference and review.

THE USEFUL SERVANT

Matthew 8:9... A Servant Obeys Authority
(9) For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

Luke 17:9... A Servant Is Under Obligation
(9) Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow (think) not.

1 Corinthians 9:19... A Servant Chooses His Master
(19) For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Matthew 24:45... A Servant Is Faithful And Wise
(45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Matthew 25:21... A Servant Is Good And Faithful
(21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mark 9:35... A Servant Serves Others
(35) And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

2 Timothy 2:24... A Servant Is Gentle, Able To Teach And Patient
(24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient.

Luke 16:13... A Servant Does Not Serve Money
(13) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Galatians 1:10... A Servant Is Not A Man Pleaser
(10) For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Matthew 10:24-25... A Servant Suffers Persecution
(24) The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
(25) It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

John 12:26... A Servant Accompanies His Master (even to heaven)
(26) If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

No comments:

Post a Comment